WEEK 9!!!

TOPIC 1: MUSIC'S INFLUENCE -- 
1 It was when I first moved into the dorms my freshman year, my roommate and I were in a girl we had recently met hanging out. There was four of us total, my roommate and I and the two other girls who were also roommates. They were playing music off the speaker in their room, I wasn’t paying much mind to the music until this song Molly Cyrus started playing. It was fine and then I heard crude words that were irregular from normal rap music. I was not offended but my roommate and I couldn’t help but look at one another in disbelief that these girls knew every word. 

2 I was blown away, my roommate and I both went to high school, and middle school, and elementary school together. Where we grew up, the outskirts of Portland in a more rural area. We would of never listened to something with so much profanity. The songs curse words aren’t even that extreme it’s the sex and drugs that surprised us. 

3 My top five artists that I enjoy listening to would have to be John Meyer, Alt- J, Flume, Frank Ocean, and Khalid. Half of this music would be described as alternative, and the other as hip hop or I know a lot of people would call Flume EDM music or techno. The thing I like about a lot of the artists is that they not only have a very interesting personal life in which they share with their audience. 

Flume- https://flumemusic.com


TOPIC 2: CAMPUS RADIO --
1 While I do think that some LBCC students could potentially benefit from the experience of running a radio show. However I think the students in which attend LBCC range, from high to low and that the demographic is very wide. I also don’t think that the school in itself is quite large enough to be able to have a strong following. I also have only ever been a student at the benton center, so I haven’t spent much time going to the actual Linn Benton campus in which I would get a better feeling for the active student body. So that is why I don’t exactly see it as a feasible way to spend time or money. 

2 I think that the radio station could use advertisements, in which students working for the radio station could create. They could use Linn Benton as their area, as well as surrounding areas to let people know they are starting a radio station as this is going to be the area in which the most people listen to the radio station. They could also reach out to other clubs and athletic teams in which Linn Benton has, also in return the clubs and athletic clubs could advertise and support the radio station. 


3 The students could create a go fund me account which has become very popular over the past few years. They could also seek out a grant, or piggy back using the equipment in which the OSU radio station has. There are also legislature very close by, such as Salem and within Linn County that I am sure would at least review and consider funding a radio station for students. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8 !!

Week 5